Join Our Society
The Objects of the Society are: “To stimulate interest in the art of theatre and to enable its Members and others to become acquainted with the best modern and classical drama by means of play readings, lectures, discussions, stage productions and theatre visits. ”
- EVENTS We have a number of events throughout the year in which, as a member, you can take part. The Season starts with the President’s Evening. Each President organises the event in their own way, it is a great way to start the season, meeting new members and renewing old acquaintances. In February we hold a quiz night, and an Annual Lunch at the end of the Season.
- READINGS Readings are held once a fortnight on a Wednesday. These are organised by individual members who arrange the reading and invite people to read. The Readings are suggested by Members at the AGM or requested by an individual who wishes to organise the Evening. These Evenings are for Members and are not open events.
- PRODUCTIONS We have 2 main productions a year, about November and March , and we have performed at Hull Truck Studio Theatre and at Northern Academy of Performing Arts (NAPA) on Anlaby Road. We also participate in the All England Theatre Festival.
- INVOLVEMENT Members can be involved in:
- READINGS as a Listener, Reader, Organiser, Writer and Sound Effects.
- PLAYS as an Actor, Director, Front of House Manager, Lighting, Programme Designer, Programme Seller, Prompt, Properties, Publicity, Set Building, Set Design, Sound, Stage Manager, Wardrobe or Assistants to any of the Backstage work.
- ENTERTAINMENT We entertain groups, and schools with our Chapter & Verse group, which you may like to get involved in.
Training By Members For Members have taken place in Directing workshops, and requests can be considered for further trainings.
We look forward to meeting you.
Our Subcription for Adults is £25 a Season
For Junior Members £15 a Season.
For further information please click on the link below and please give your Name, Address, and Contact details.
We are looking to starting a Youth Section, please mention your interest in this in your email